A common question we get from customers is: What is the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil? What is the difference between CBD Oil and Marijuana? And lastly what is the difference between Hemp oil and marijuana.
Before we begin to explain the differences, first we will break down to you what each of these are so you have a really good idea of what they are before we dive in deeper. Are you ready? Lets begin.
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil, which refers to hemp seed oil, is very different than its counterparts. Though it is derived from the same plant as both CBD oil and marijuana, the nutritional and medicinal properties are significantly different. It has very little in common with CBD oil and Marijuana. When purchasing hemp seed oil, be sure to purchase it as a nutritional supplement and not because you expect the same therapeutic benefits as CBD oil or marijuana. Here’s how hemp seed oil is different:
- Hemp seed oil, unlike its counterparts, is derived from the seeds of hemp seeds through cold press technology.
- Hemp seed oil is used as a nutritional supplement as its rich in omega fatty acids, fiber, and protein.
- Hemp seed oil does not contain CBD or THC, and also has none of the benefits.
- Hemp seed oil is a popular additive in protein shakes, smoothies, and in other recipes.
- Hemp seed oil can be topically used as a moisturizer.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the many powerful chemical compounds found primarily in the flowers and leaves of a hemp which is used to extract the compound from the plant. This is the main and one of the many compounds that is known to help the mind and body in many wonderful ways.
When you don’t have access to medicinal marijuana, or you aren’t comfortable using medicinal marijuana, CBD oil is the next best thing. That said, CBD oil has therapeutic benefits that stand on their own as well. Safe, and good for everyday use, CBD oil is excellent to use as needed or as a daily supplement. Let’s look at some facts about CBD oil.
- CBD is extracted from the flowers and leaves of hemp.
- CBD can be derived from marijuana plants but marijuana has extremely low traces of CBD
- CBD oil is known to have mood regulating effects, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- CBD oil can be used by products like creams, concentrates, topicals, and oils.
- The difference between marijuana and CBD is the level of THC in the oil. CBD oils have to have less than .03% THC in order to be legal & sold.
- CBD oil is legal in all 50 states since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill or click here to read our summary on the 2018 Farm Bill.
What is Marijuana?
Marijuana on the other hand is a different plant itself from hemp. A marijuana plant is not the same as a hemp plant. Although they are in the same family and have similar traits, marijuana on the other hand contains high levels of THC and very low levels of CBD (Hemp has high levels of CBD and very low levels of THC).
- You may of heard of marijuana through terms such as weed, pot, dope, or cannabis.
- Marijuana has much higher levels of THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid, and very low levels of CBD, hence the reason why CBD oil is not extracted from marijuana.
- Marijuana can help with nausea, anxiety, soothing pain, and even prevent seizures, as well as other medicinal benefits.
- Marijuana is the plant that has been talked about so much in the past decade.
- Marijuana is the plant people smoke to get “high”.
- Marijuana is also widely known to be used by cancer patients.
The Takeaway from the Difference Between Hemp Oil, CBD Oil, & Marijuana?
They are all completely different among each other, especially hemp seed oil from CBD oil & Marijuana. One thing they do have in common is that they are in some shape derived from the same cannabis family.
Hemp Seed Oil is derived from the seeds of the hemp seeds through cold pressing them, CBD, a cannabinoid found both in hemp and marijuana but contains high levels in hemp and very low levels in marijuana, is derived from the leaves and flowers of hemp, and lastly marijuana is just a plant that people smoke the flowers and leaves to get “high” because it contains high levels of THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid.
If you’re looking to buy CBD oil, be sure to check out our products.